A treadmill for home use is a great option for those expecting to reduce weight.
When taking up a weight reduction journey, it’s somewhat natural to attempt to reach results quickly. So, how to lose weight on a treadmill in a month?
By combining multiple strength training exercises on your treadmill and healthy diets, you can fulfill your weight loss plan in a short time.
We’ll take you to some of the best methods to lose weight on a treadmill and provide a lesson on striking a balance between exercise and diet. Shall we begin?
Table of Contents
How To Lose Weight On A Treadmill In A Month?
One thing beginners should keep in mind is to focus on building aerobic fitness and endurance first. After one month of training, you can raise the difficulty level and practice treadmill exercises efficiently.
Below are four workouts you should do during this month.
HIIT excels at reducing fat and burning calories.
Treadmill HIIT workout training involves changing between different sets of hardcore exercises and rest alternatively.
High-intensity interval training is an effective way to burn calories and reduce body fat in a short time.
Also, after a severe HIIT routine, the body will return to the normal resting mode by metabolizing fat to energy.
To do HIIT, take the following steps:
- Set your treadmill to a flat state. Do a warm-up by walking at 2 MPH for five minutes.
- Run at 9-10 MPH for about 30 seconds
- Rest by walking at 3-4 MPH for about 60 seconds
- Continue the process again 5-10 times
- Lastly, walk at the warm-up speed for 3-5 minutes, so you cool down.
Suppose you wish to try a more intense exercise, alternate between sprinting and jogging. Also, lengthen the time of each set. Ideally, each rest interval should be double the time of each intense interval.
Locate The Fat-Burning Region
When working out on your treadmill, exercising at the fat-burning zone can help foster weight reduction. You’ll burn the largest amount of calories per min in this region.
To locate your fat-burning area, you need to determine your highest heart rate, the max times your heart beats during one minute of training.
Typically, the highest heart rate plus your age equals 220. For instance, if you’re 30 years old, the max heart rate will be 190 beats a minute (220-30=190).
Essentially, your fat-burning region is 70% of your highest heart rate. So, if your maximum rate is 190 beats a minute, your fat burn area is 70% of 190 or 133 beats a minute (190 x 0.7 = 133).
With this rate, you know how intense you should train to promote weight loss. The following routine is one of the ways to proceed with it:
- Put on a chest or wrist heart rate trap. Set your treadmill to the flat mode and do the warm-up like the HIIT exercise.
- Set a 2% incline and walk at 3-4 MPH for one minute
- Speed it up to 8-10 MPH and run for 15-30 minutes. This speed helps you enter the fat-burning region.
- Repeat step two
- Lastly, cool down by jogging at 2 MPH for 4-5 minutes
You can also enter the fat-burning area at lower treadmill speeds. A personal coach will help you determine an ideal heart rate and speed for rapid weight reduction.
Combine Multiple Workouts
Mix different exercises in one workout
Another recommended method for one-month treadmill weight loss is to modify your routine. Here are some significant benefits that you can enjoy when doing multiple workouts each time:
- Decrease the risk of injury: Repeatedly doing the same exercise will make your joints stressful, increasing the chance of overuse injuries and setting you back.
- Keep from a plateau: Indeed, the more frequently you practice a certain exercise, the slower you can see results. You need to challenge your body to make progress.
- Avoid boredom: New things create fun. Runners tend to be more persistent when they mix up their workouts.
You can add a treadmill incline to make your treadmill training more challenging. Jogging briskly or sprinting at an intense incline helps burn calories to the highest level as your body must force harder.
Also, adding hills engages more muscles, contributing greatly to building lean body mass. This way, you can lose weight faster as muscles burn calories more quickly than fat.
Here’s the basic guide on exercising with an incline:
- Do the warm-up like the above workouts.
- Set a 1% incline and walk at 4-5 MPH for one minute
- Raise the incline to 2%, then 3% each minute. Continue until you get to an 8-10% incline.
- Reduce the treadmill incline by 1% each minute. Continue until you ate at the incline of 0-1%.
- Cooldown by jogging at 2 MPH for five minutes
You can read more about the benefit of incline walking here.
How To Combine Exercise and Diet Effectively?
Add more green food to your daily diet.
The runner should concentrate on a diet with more vegetables, bright fruits, lean meats, whole grains, less fat dairy foods, healthy fats, like avocado or olive oil. Meanwhile, practice running or walking regularly.
Ensure to consume 10% less than your everyday calories in saturated fats and added sugars. Losing weight in a month is doable if you have healthy eating habits and consistently do daily workouts on your treadmill.
Remember to include vegetables, meat, and fruits in your nutrition routine. If you don’t eat beef, you can find other alternative types of protein.
When exercising, protein is particularly essential since it helps build your muscles. Your diet can grow your muscles and power stronger than other things, unlike some exercises and training sessions that wear down muscles.
The Bottom Line
How to lose weight on a treadmill in a month? Though setting a target to reduce weight within a month sounds demanding, it’s doable should you be willing to devote time and stick to a green diet and strict workout routine.
Familiarize yourself with the training methods above and follow a proper schedule, so you can enhance your health and your confidence as well.
Good day, readers! My name is Jason Gwinn, a 35 years old man who specializes in physical fitness. With 15 years of experience being a personal trainer, I will help you conquer the fitness challenges. Besides guiding you through my unique workouts, I can also help you choose the best fitness equipment to assist you in achieving your goals and exercise regimen.