Among the popular workout machines, ellipticals are the most popular ones. The time needed to achieve your goal might differ from person to person.
This article aims to help you understand how long elliptical to lose weight and other related factors.
Table of Contents
These machines are such a powerful and indispensable tools for reducing body fat.
What Is An Elliptical?
An elliptical machine, also known as a cross trainer, is a stationary exercise machine. You can do a wide range of workout sessions, such as stair-climbing, walking, or running.
The great thing is that they do not exert excessive pressure on the body and joints. And, of course, they do contribute towards your body’s fat reduction.
How Long Elliptical To Lose Weight?
As a rule of thumb, your calorie intake and burning are the determining factors to reduce body mass. In other words, the time needed to get slimmer on the machine depends on the calories you burn and your diet.
Here are some specific examples:
If you reduce 500 calories in your diet, combined with an average of 30 minutes on a five-time-a-week basis, you will lose no less than a pound.
Suppose you increase your exercise time to one hour a day, together with the calorie-reduced diet, you will probably cut down 2 pounds per week.
In case you do not cut down on your diet and only do the elliptical one hour a day and five times a week, you might lose about 1.5 pounds.
In other words, your calorie intake and calorie burning are the determining factors.
The pace of fat burning varies between people.
Effective Reducing Your Body Mass
So, can elliptical help lose weight? Our answer is definitely yes, as long as you follow these helpful guidelines in our article.
Recommended Workout Sessions
It would be almost pointless to do exercise without a specific plan. So, how to use the elliptical to lose weight? Here are some sessions we would recommend:
- Front to back: This is one of the basic forms of exercise. A combination of forwarding and backward leg rotations is ideal for burning fat.
- Incline buster: Every 3 minutes, the machine changes your resistance and incline levels. Your body can experience a variety of different workouts in the training process.
- 20-minute hits: It involves alternate low-intensity and rapid workout sessions. This type of training aims to maximize the number of calories burned with a rapid heart rate.
So, how long should I do elliptical to lose weight? The answer is simple.
For those who used to have a sedentary lifestyle, you can start with a 10-minute session each day. Three times a week is ideal.
For those who exercise regularly, you should spend 30 minutes a day. To see faster progress, five times a week is a perfect choice.
- Here are some extra tips for you to lose weight fast and safely:
- Setting the proper form: You should set up the machine in the standard form according to your body. The handlebars and the pedals should be neither too high nor too low for your height.
- Engaging entertainment: It is advisable to involve some recreational activities during workouts. Listening to a podcast or a favorite song helps brighten the mood and keep you going.
Before starting your training, pay attention to the following precautions:
- Warm-up: Never forget to warm up before getting into workout sessions. Not only does this help get your body into gear, but it also reduces the possibility of muscle pain.
- Taking a rest: Doing workouts with enthusiasm is fine, but remember to have some days off. If you exercise nonstop, you might end up injuring yourself.
Keep in mind some extra tips and precautions for optimal results.
That is all about our thorough analysis of how long elliptical to lose weight. When you have gained a good grasp of these concepts, you can now enjoy excellent training sessions with this magical machine.
Thank you for taking your time to read. We hope our article has been of great help! Happy doing workouts and succeeding in your goal!
Good day, readers! My name is Jason Gwinn, a 35 years old man who specializes in physical fitness. With 15 years of experience being a personal trainer, I will help you conquer the fitness challenges. Besides guiding you through my unique workouts, I can also help you choose the best fitness equipment to assist you in achieving your goals and exercise regimen.