Do you want to lose weight and not spend a ton of money on expensive gym memberships? That goal is difficult but not impossible to achieve because there are plenty of simple exercises to do at home to lose weight.
Read on for our effective recommendations and detailed guidelines for each workout!
Table of Contents
Simple Exercises To Do At Home To Lose Weight
Here are our suggested workouts with detailed exercise patterns that you can follow easily.
Jogging And Running
Most people consider running and walking as the most effective weight-loss workouts. Although they appear similar, the main distinction is that a jogging speed is often 6.4–9.7 km/h (or 4–6 mph), while a running pace is greater than 9.7 km/h (which equals 6 mph).
Harvard Health has published the estimations that if a person weighed around 70kg (155 pounds) walking for 30 minutes at an 8 km/h (5 mph) speed, his body would consume 298 calories. This calories burning number can raise to 372 in the same time as 9.7 km/h (or 6-mph) of running pace.
With running and walking, you not only reduce tummy fat but also develop your legs muscles.
A treadmill is a great option for those who do not feel comfortable with running and walking outside. It works your heart as well if you are working forward a losing weight goal. If you do not know, the treadmill is one of the most widely used aerobic exercise machines.
For beginners, we recommend you set a one-hour daily regimen as follows:
- Start walking for 15 minutes to warm up and raise your speed gradually for the following 15 minutes.
- Continue running at a faster speed for a further 15 minutes.
- End your exercise with 10 minutes of jogging at a slower pace.
Skipping is a great way to get all-around cardio exercise in-house. This intense body workout aids in the improvement of balance and mental performance.
The exercise also increases your heart rate, which helps burn about 1,300 calories per hour while working out your lungs by keeping them functioning healthily. Additionally, frequent skipping exercise will promote relaxation and assist in the relief of despair and anxiety.
Everyone has a unique body, which causes the process to produce diverse results. If you decide to incorporate the skipping rope exercise into your daily routine, you should aim to challenge yourself as far as you can.
Remember that the more effort you put into the exercise, the more energy you burn and lose weight.
You only need a skipping rope for this workout
- Start this exercise by standing on a flat area with your back straight. Close your feet together, ensure they are pointing straight, and maintain a straight hand pointing downwards near your legs.
- In a standard ready posture, use your thigh muscle to lift your body off the ground. At the same time, pull the rope back by letting it pass beneath your feet before bringing the rope back.
You have just completed one cycle of jumping. Continue these steps while increasing your jumping speed gradually. You can also change up your regimen. For example, one set for each leg, one set for both legs, and one combined with the running motion would be best.
While plank crawling is an effective way to lose weight quickly, it takes a lot of effort. So, if you want to include this exercise into your workout routine, better start cautiously.
One of the most effective full-body exercises is the Plank exercise or Plank Pose. They improve your core, arms, and shoulders while also working on other key areas such as the chest, hip, and back for improving posture.
Besides these advantages, plank workouts aid in the rapid burning of body calories, which is around two to five calories every working minute for most people.
Different forms of the plank workout focus on different muscle groups and body parts. Each variant is beneficial and maintains your power, body stability, stamina, and posture in good shape.
From the look of it, some people underestimate and this plank is an easy workout that anyone can do. They’re all wrong. Plank is one of these intensive workouts that can drive you tired within a few minutes. It follows the same rule as skipping rope, the more time you exercise, the better result you get.
You can push yourself harder with a weighted plank
All that matters in this workout is how long can you keep the right posture. The longer the period, the more calories you burn.
The push-up is the most common exercise for arm muscles, but it is also good at burning fat because it is hard. The harder to do the exercise, the more calories it burns.
This is a great way to work your upper body because it forces you to concentrate on the bigger muscles there. This simple exercise can burn up a minimum of 7 calories in every minute in general.
During push-up exercises, you will work and develop your core muscles, including the back, triceps, biceps, and shoulders. As a result, your body will be toner and healthier.
Simple as it might seem, many people do push-ups incorrectly, which benefit the body. Fortunately, we provide you with a standard detailed guideline here.
How to do a push-up
- Firstly, find a flat and non-slippery surface.
- Get ready by putting your hands slightly wider than your shoulder and facing ahead. You can either place your feet slightly apart or close together, as long as you feel comfortable.
- You may want to widen your feet far apart at first until you establish a good balance.
- In a correct position, engage your arms muscles to push your body up.
You know that you have done a correct motion when your arms and back are straight. Complete a cycle by lowering your shoulders as deep as you can. Perform these steps in three sets for a total of fifteen reps.
As popular strengthening and toning exercises for the lower body, squats can also help you burn calories and keep fat from building in this area.
Researchers ranked squat the number one workout with an average of consuming 35 calories every minute, more than any other exercise in the study of calorie-burning impacts.
Squatting is also an excellent exercise to improve your strength and flexibility. It can be challenging at first because people do not know how to stretch properly as the workout requires. However, with time and practice, squats will become a vital part of your routine!
A standard squat pose
- Start a squat in a straight standing position, ensure your feet stay broader compared to your hip with your toes heading forward.
- Bend your ankles and knees, which will naturally push back your hips. Remember to keep both of your toes and heels on the ground while posing a squat.
- A correct squat requires you to maintain a 90-degree angle with your legs and keep your body parallel to the ground.
- With your heels pressing on the floor, use your leg muscles to raise your upper body back to a standing posture. And that is how your complete a proper squat!
To get better outcomes, a newbie should strive for at least 3 sets, with each set consisting of 12-15 reps in one form of squat.
Lunges enhance general fitness, perform a strengthening and toning effect on your lower body. They aid in the development of lean muscles, especially your hips, back, and legs. The workouts also decrease body fat by consuming between 5.28 and 9.33 calories every minute.
This exercise uses single-leg motions to stabilize muscles and improve balance, strength, and concentration. To get the desired outcome, practice lunges in a high-intensity training regimen with the support of weights.
A beautiful lunge
- To begin this workout, stand and straighten your abs and back.
- Next, put your left leg in front of you and start bending your left knee.
- Stop the bending motion when your left thigh is parallel to the floor and maintain your left knee higher than your hips.
- Return to your starting position by pulling your feet together to complete a lunge.
Do the same routine with your right instead of your left leg and alternate your legs for 30 reps.
High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
This HIIT cardio exercise is famous for its variety of benefits, including optimizing burning calories and losing weight. It entails vigorous bursts of activity equivalent to 15 seconds of rest to raise your pulse rate.
According to some research, 30 minutes of a HIIT workout can consume up to 450 calories. So, if your goal is only cutting weight and you do not have much time for exercising, HIIT is an excellent option for you.
There are many ways to set a HIIT routine. For instance:
- Start with 45 seconds of butt kicks before 15 seconds of rest.
- After that, do 45 seconds of jumping jacks and 15 seconds of rest.
- Continue with 45 seconds of burpees and 15 seconds of rest.
- Repeat all the steps for a total of 10 to 20 minutes.
Feel free to add in any other exercises you want, such as jump squats, mountain climbers, and so on.
As an alternative, you can do a cross-trainer HIIT exercise that begins with 5 minutes of warm-up. Next, speed for 1 minute at a high-intensity pace. After 30 seconds of walking, start running for 1 minute as fast as possible.
The best way to get in shape is by combining a healthy diet with exercise. This is just a small list of simple exercises to do at home to lose weight. However, do not forget about the importance of eating right too!
You do not need to hire expensive personal trainers or join the gym for hours every day. It is all about finding what works best for your lifestyle and sticking with it!
Good day, readers! My name is Jason Gwinn, a 35 years old man who specializes in physical fitness. With 15 years of experience being a personal trainer, I will help you conquer the fitness challenges. Besides guiding you through my unique workouts, I can also help you choose the best fitness equipment to assist you in achieving your goals and exercise regimen.